Nico Rosberg (Foto: Reuters)
Lotus driver Romain Grosjean followed as the second fastest rider in the test. Yet, surprisingly, Fernando Alonso appeared even less impressed with his new Ferrari F2012 car.
Alonso became the seventh fastest of the nine riders who had the test at Jerez this time. Meanwhile, McLaren driver Lewis Hamilton looks not too bad. British rider is in position while the third fastest time difference with Grosjean reached one second.
The results of the quickest in the morning local time is indeed imply a marked revival of the Mercedes. As is known, his team-mates yesterday Rosberg, Michael Schumacher also be the fastest.
Meanwhile, world champion last season, Sebastian Vettel also appears less brilliant in this test. German rider has become the sixth fastest and 2.541 seconds adrift of Rosberg.
Indeed, the test is followed by 10 riders, dear Jules Bianchi Force India driver cannot register a record time because of an accident at the beginning of the test. He is scheduled to be replaced by Nico Hulkenberg for the afternoon local time.
The following test results on Thursday (09/02/2012) morning in Jerez:
Pos Driver Team Time Laps
A. Rosberg Mercedes 1m17.613s 74
2. Grosjean Lotus 1m18.419s 53 +0806
3. Hamilton McLaren 1m19.464s 38 +1851
4. Vergne Toro Rosso 1m19.734s 41 +2121
5. Perez Sauber 1m19.770s 31 +2157
6. Vettel Red Bull 1m20.154s 28 +2541
7. Alonso Ferrari 1m20.412s 29 +2799
8. Senna's Williams 1m21.293s 61 +3680
9. Van der Garde Caterham +5892 1m23.505s 40