MANAMA - Bahrain GP will be a busy and rumors of questionable safety, finally opened the first training session is fairly smooth. The duration of 55 minutes to run, Lewis Hamilton emerged as the fastest.
With a temperature condition of the city Manama and 28 degrees Celsius track surface at the point of 37 degrees centigrade, Hamilton dominated the practice sessions since entering the first minute and following the Red Bull drivers - Sebastian Vettel behind him.
But at the time of entering the 24th minute, Vettel took the fastest record of Hamilton. Vettel within 1.33 seconds of Lewis Hamilton which only lasted a moment. Vettel Speed did not last long because when Hamilton returned to overtake the fastest record in the 36th minute and lasted until the end, with the fastest time, 1 minute 33.572 seconds. While Vettel had to settle for second place with a lapse of time, 00.305 seconds.
The surprise comes in third position in which Paul Resta display in scintillating performance. Force India driver was ahead of China Grand Prix, Nico Rosberg with a time of 1 minute 34.150 seconds. While Rosberg had to settle for fourth place.
Behind Rosberg, Jenson Button in order to register his fifth fastest after 14 laps devours. Button leaving a distance of 00.705 seconds duet partner - Hamilton, who became the fastest driver in the inaugural session.
Mark Webber failed to equalize the level of the speed of his car with Vettel, after a two-time must exit the track. By the end, only Webber recorded a time, 1 minute 34.552 seconds.
While the Ferrari drivers - Fernando Alonso, performed poorly this afternoon. Since the beginning of the session, Alonso did not improve the position and just put him at number 13, while his partner - Felipe Massa worse, at No. 15.
Results of Bahrain GP Free Practice I 2012:
1. Lewis Hamilton, McLaren-Mercedes 1m 33.572s
2. Sebastian Vettel, Red Bull-Renault 1m 33.877s
3. Paul di Resta, India-Mercedes 1m 34.150s
4. Nico Rosberg, 1m 34.249s Mercedes
5. Jenson Button, McLaren-Mercedes 1m 34.277s
6. Nico Hulkenberg, Force India-Mercedes 1m 34.344s
7. Michael Schumacher, Mercedes 1m 34.483s
8. Mark Webber, Red Bull-Renault 1m 34.552s
9. Kimi Räikkönen, Lotus-Renault 1m 34.609s
10. Romain Grosjean, Lotus-Renault 1m 34.847s
11. Sergio Pérez, Sauber 1m 35.024s
12. Pastor Maldonado, Williams-Renault 1m 35.268s
13. Fernando Alonso, Ferrari 1m 35.436s
14. Valtteri Bottas, Williams-Renault 1m 35.497s
15. Felipe Massa, Ferrari 1m 35.719s
16. Kamui Kobayashi, Sauber 1m 35.929s
17. Jean-Éric Vergne, Toro Rosso 1m 36.195s
18. Heikki Kovalainen, 1m 36.330s Caterham-Renault
19. Vitaly Petrov, Caterham-Renault 1m 36.484s
20. Daniel Ricciardo, Toro Rosso 1m 36.591s
21. Charles Pic, Marussia-Cosworth 1m 37.467s
22. Timo Glock, 1m 38.006s Marussia-Cosworth
23. Pedro de la Rosa, HRT-Cosworth 1m 38.877s
24. Narain Karthikeyan, HRT-Cosworth 1m 39.996s.